Repayment after purchase of ferry ticket (staff reduction, cancellation)
|Ticket type||Application conditions||Time||Change and cancellation fees|
|2nd class||-||By departure time||500 yen|
|Early purchase discount||By departure time||30% or 500 yen, whichever is higher|
|Other than 2nd class||-||By 7 days before departure||500 yen|
|By 2 days before departure||10% or 500 yen, whichever is higher|
|By departure time||30% or 500 yen, whichever is higher|
|Early purchase discounts||By departure time||30% or 500 yen, whichever is higher|
|All types||-||After departure||100%|
- All cancellations of applications are subject to a cancellation fee.
- The cancellation fee applies from the time a reservation number is issued.
- A cancellation fee is also applicable when a previously issued passenger ticket and prepayment voucher is returned.
- Changes in reservations:
One change in the passenger destination, departure time, and seat class may be made free of charge, either by telephone, at a travel agency, or at the Tokai Kisen office.
However, second or succeeding changes will be treated as cancellations, and a cancellation fee may be applied.
If the reservation was made by telephone, and you cancelled without notifying anyone, the cancellation fee assessed will be handled in the same way as cancellations after a ship has left port.
- When safe, smooth implementation of travel has become impossible due to circumstances beyond the company's control, including natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, and government orders, etc., or when there is a risk of such a situation, the ship departure may be cancelled. This constitutes a tour cancellation, and the entire travel amount will be refunded. For determination of large passenger ship sailings, call the Tokai Kisen Takeshiba Branch (03-3433-1251) at 17:00 or later on the day of departure. While for jet ferry services departing Tokyo or Kurihama, call the Tokai Kisen Takeshiba Branch (6:00 to 8:00, 03-3433-2101, after 8:00, 03-3433-1251), and departing Atami, call the Tokai Kisen Atami Office (0557-82-2131) after 8:00.
- The company may decide to place conditions on sailings (if a landing is not possible, the ship may turn around, stop at a port without proceeding all the way to the destination, or skip a port and proceed to the next island). In these cases, if the customer files an application for non-participation before the boarding the ship, the entire travel cost will be refunded. In addition, if the ship does not arrive at the destination, and the customer prefers not to debark at an island partway along the route, and instead returns on the same ship, the entire amount will be refunded.
- If the return leg of a round-trip is cancelled, and you need to extend your stay, Tokai Kisen will not assume lodging, meal, and other transport expenses such as airline tickets, etc.
Note, however, that the return ferry ticket remains valid, and can be used at a later date if empty seats are available.
If you are able to return using another transport company, we cannot pay back the cost of the return leg only of the round-trip ticket.
- Depending on sea conditions, the departure time of the return ferry may be moved earlier. On the morning of the return leg, always be sure to check the local Tokai Kisen departure timetable and port location.
- In the Niijima and Shikinejima round-trip plans, arrival to and departure from the destination ports may become impossible due to poor sea conditions, so that the Niijima plan may instead arrive to or depart from Shikinejima, while the Shikinejima plan may instead arrive to or depart from Niijima. In this case, please be aware that the transport fare for the additional leg from Niijima to Shikinejima, or from Shikinejima to Niijima (ferry "Nishiki", one-way adult fare of 420 yen) must be assumed by the customer.